Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

ROSEMARY: Rosmarinus officinalis

Photo from Dr. Char

Lately, I've been overcome by the vastness of this seemingly average kitchen herb. Over the last 6 months, I worked at a bakery-cafe where nearly everything on the menu is hand-crafted from scratch. That I know for sure, three items on the food menu exclusively feature Rosemary, and two types of bread from the bakery also adorn this fragrant herb. Just gathering from customer's big-eyed reactions when they see the Blue Cheese Rosemary bread for the first time, or when they come back to the counter after eating their meal to ask if we individually sell the Potato Rosemary rolls that are made solely to hug the Excellent Chicken and Asparagus sandwich, Rosemary is special to the palate.

On my last day working at the bakery, I had the idea to steep in rosemary. We had some fresh plant growing in a pot in the dining area of the restaurant, so I took a small cutting home to try it out. What a good call. The infusion of rosemary, chamomile, and bayleaf I tried out was beautiful. Its potent, stinging-redolent taste blends all so well with other pungent and sweet tastes, creating a warming tonic that, for me, reaches the depths of the heart and pumps out to extremities to circulate nervous unease that rests in a stagnant expression of the self.

What a perfect remedy for my work transition,or any life transition; taking new routes to reclaim, hold onto, and ultimately remember the self.

I suggest using rosemary (oil,essential oil,tea,spice) when you seek courage to remember and take action upon your true self needs in order to purify and reconcile.



Rosemary Ornaments:







No comments:

Post a Comment